“There are deliberate echoes of “The Great Gatsby” throughout Julia Fierro’s second novel, “The Gypsy Moth Summer.” In its landscape — an islet off the Long Island coast. In its exploration of wealth and greed, grandeur and envy. In its mansion-sized backdrops, its layered abuses and its meditative, soulful opening lines… Fierro is a writer capable of glorious sentences. She recalls with fastidious care the songs and lip gloss and fashions of the early 1990s, has an ear for weather and landscape, and moves her story briskly through its many cohering parts.”
- The Gypsy Moth Summer in Poets & Writers “Page One”: Where New & Noteworthy Books Begin.
- The Chicago Tribune says “The Gypsy Moth Summer” echoes ‘The Great Gatsby'”
- The Gypsy Moth Summer gets a second printing!
- A rave review in The Globe and Mail
- A starred review from Booklist for The Gypsy Moth Summer