“[Fierro] succeeds in creating a suspenseful, richly symbolic drama and coming-of-age story. Poignant, raw, and, at times, brutally honest about the poison concealed behind the charming facade of a quaint community, this is an intense and meaningful read.”
– Booklist, May 2017
- The Gypsy Moth Summer in Poets & Writers “Page One”: Where New & Noteworthy Books Begin.
- The Chicago Tribune says “The Gypsy Moth Summer” echoes ‘The Great Gatsby'”
- The Gypsy Moth Summer gets a second printing!
- A rave review in The Globe and Mail
- A starred review from Booklist for The Gypsy Moth Summer